Condenser Cooler Cleaning in the Plastics Industry
Save you & your team time, hassle & money by getting your industrial parts cleaned to the highest possible standards using the latest industrial cleaning techniques, reducing downtime and eliminating excess spend on consumables.
Condensers are essential components in the plastics manufacturing, blow molding and recycling industries as they play a crucial role in the production and processing of plastic products.
- Blow Molding: Condensers used in the production of blown moulded products are designed to catch and remove the volatile vapours released in the heating of plastics in the extrusion stage. Over time this sticky “wax” builds up reducing the effectiveness of the “cooler”.
- Plastics Manufacturing: In the plastics manufacturing process, condensers are used to cool and condense hot gases and vapours into a liquid state. The condenser removes the heat from the process and converts the vapor back into a liquid, which can then be reused or disposed of. The condenser is an important component in the production process as it helps maintain the quality of the final product by removing impurities and ensuring the production process runs efficiently.
- Recycling: Condensers are used in the plastic industry as part of the process of extrusion, when heating plastic hot gases and vapours are produced, which need to be cooled and condensed into a liquid state before they can be safely reused or disposed of. This is where condensers come into play.
Why do condensers need cleaning?
Condensers need cleaning to maintain their performance and efficiency. However, condensers often become contaminated with various substances that can negatively impact the quality of the final product. Over time, contaminants such as residual plastics, oils, and chemicals used in the production process can accumulate on the surface of the condenser, causing clogging, corrosion, and reduced heat transfer.
By removing these contaminants through cleaning, the performance of the condenser is restored, ensuring the production process runs smoothly and the final product meets the desired quality standards. Regular cleaning can help to prevent the reaccumulation of contaminants and prolong the life of the condenser, reducing the need for costly repairs or replacement.
How do you clean condensers?
To ensure the optimal performance of condensers, it is essential to implement a cleaning regimen that removes the contaminants and prevents their reaccumulation.
- Ultrasonic cleaning: Uses high-frequency sound waves to agitate and remove contaminants from the surface of the condenser. This method is particularly effective for removing residual plastics and oils that have accumulated on the surface. The sound waves create high-energy cavitation bubbles that implode and remove the contaminants from the surface.
- Chemical cleaning: This method involves the use of chemical solutions to dissolve and remove contaminants from the surface of the condenser. This method is effective for removing oils and greases and is typically performed in a controlled environment.
- Mechanical cleaning: This method involves using tools such as brushes, scrapers, and high-pressure water to physically remove contaminants from the surface of the condenser. This method is often used in combination with other cleaning methods, such as chemical cleaning, to achieve the best results.
- Jet washing: Jet washing can be effective at cleaning condensers but the fragile aluminium fins that surround the tubes can be very easily damaged with such high pressures. Its good practice to jet from further away at a high temperature to prevent “folding”.
Each of these cleaning methods has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the best method will depend on the type of contaminants present, the size and complexity of the condenser, and the resources available. In some cases, a combination of methods may be used to achieve the best results.
Take a look at some of the results we can achieve:
The benefits of cleaning condensers
Cleaning condensers is essential to maintaining the performance and efficiency of the plastics manufacturing and recycling industries. By removing contaminants and preventing their reaccumulation, businesses can ensure the production process runs smoothly, and the final product meets the desired quality standards. In addition to preventing equipment breakdown, downtime and saving companies from unexpected costs!
It is the use of a variety of cleaning processes to achieve the desired level of cleanliness that differentiates Sonic Solutions from both in-house cleaning and other subcontract cleaning operations. This cleaning expertise and experience combined with our flexibility and desire to deliver what the customer wants, when they want it, explains why some of the biggest and most demanding plastics manufacturers like Clean Tech and Alpla rely on us to get rid of their unwanted contaminants from working parts.
Andrew briefly explains how your Free Trial works
Book Your FREE Trial Clean...
- Enter some basic details about your part.
- We’ll get in touch to arrange pick-up & delivery.
- You get cleaned part(s) sent back to you.
- That’s it!
What’s the catch?
In short, there isn’t one. You’re not obligated to do anything with us after your free trial clean. The truth is that we do pick up some great customers by offering select businesses a trial clean, but only when it’s a great fit and makes sense for all involved. Outsourced industrial parts cleaning isn’t for everyone and if it doesn’t make clear business sense for you to use us, we don’t expect you to. Simply put, we’re passionate about what we do and know that not everyone is aware of how effective, affordable and stress-free our service is which is why we offer this free trial from time to time to spread awareness.
Why Sonic Solutions?
The UK's only Full-Service industrial parts cleaning company
We've been going for over 16 years. Est. 2004
We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee on our cleaning
We're the Highest Rated ultrasonic cleaning company online
ISO 9001:2015 Certified
Unrivalled Expertise on Industrial Cleaning Methods
We provide a Fast Turnaround
Your parts are in safe hands as we're Fully Insured
Annual Savings of at least £75,328
“All in all a massive win for us, reducing costs and increasing revenue simultaneously in a very competitive market.”
Simon - Engineering Support Manager
Berry BPI Group
How we saved Simon £75,328 - Simon’s calculations were based on the following;
- An average 13 filters a month were cleaned in 2019. Erema laser discs in Simon’s case, but this process also applies to Ettlinger, MAS or other hot melt filters.
- Our multi-stage cleaning process means that each filter now lasts at least twice as long as they would’ve done otherwise
- Any hot melt filter costs well in excess of £1,000
- Total cost of cleaning, carriage, packing etc.. costs in the region of £100 per filter.
Simon’s conservative calculation of an annual saving of £75,328 was based purely on replacement costs. He also benefited from higher throughput, longer runtime and less downtime.
We often work with
Plastics Recycling & Processing
Oil & Gas
Click onPress the button to open our enquiry form and we’ll come back to you ASAP (usually within the hour) with answers, options, prices and services or call us today on 01924 495 975
Get In Touch
Fill out the form below, or if you would prefer you can call us on 01924 495 975
or email us at email@example.com
Don’t Spend Another Penny on Replacing or Cleaning Parts Until You’ve Asked These 7 Critical Questions.
Asking These Questions Saved One Customer over £70,000 a Year, Seriously!
What Cleaning Process Do I Need? A Quick & Easy Reference Guide...
Use this quick reference guide to compare parts vs contaminants to shortlist possible cleaning processes (Ultrasonics vs Pyrolysis vs Jet Wash vs Vapour Blast vs Soak)
The Ultimate Guide to Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaning
Get a complete understanding of the underlying science, equipment and characteristics of ultrasonic cleaning.
What Our Customers Say About us
We approached Sonic Solutions after our parts manufacturers let us down and wasted precious time by supplying oily parts. Not only were they friendly, helpful and happy to rush our parts through - the quality was unbelievable! They arrived back at our factory just in time to not hold up production and we couldn't recommend them highly enough.
Our company AssetCool found the entire team at Sonic Solutions to be responsive and incredibly supportive of a new project. Their technical knowledge is superb, and they delivered exactly what they promised. We're very happy to recommend them to anyone with ultrasonic cleaning needs, and look forward to working with them again in the future.
I reached out with a problem to various companies prior to talking with Sonic Solutions, most were unhelpful. These guys insisted on the first trial being for free! The job was excellent and the turn around time very impressive. We are now setting up a monthly cleaning regime with them. A joy to deal with.
Hi. I’m Andy, owner of Sonic Solutions for 14 years. Our aim is simple, to get your dirty parts clean, as efficiently and effectively as possible, so you can get on with your business.
We provide a cleaning service, cleaning chemicals, and ultrasonic cleaning equipment, so whether you want to do the job in-house or just let someone else sort it out we can help.
So if you require any cleaning of your equipment to help maintain your parts, increase production and reduce money loss, why not get in touch with our friendly and professional team.
We look forward to hearing from you.