It’s Andrew here, I wanted to take the opportunity to personally let you know what Sonic Solutions are doing in response to the current Covid-19 crisis that’s affecting us all. I want to outline the specific measures we’re taking to stay safe whilst continuing to support our customers through these challenging times. Below is a list of the specific safety, operational, financial and communication measures that we’re putting in place to ensure that we can support the country’s efforts during this pandemic responsibly and effectively.
- Clean Down Procedures – we have thorough cleaning procedures in place to ensure that hands are washed and any surfaces or objects with which contact is made are cleaned before and after use.
- Social Distancing & Limited Contact – we are observing the recommended social distancing ensuring that staff remain a minimum of 2m apart from one another whilst on site.
- Skeleton Staff – we are using as few staff as possible to continue normal operations, this ensures minimal contact. They are also on alternating shifts.
- Personal Protective Gear – we’re using disposable nitrile gloves to handle all goods.
- Normal Working Hours – we continue to operate normal hours which are Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm | Friday 8am to 1pm.
- Emergency Work Accepted – if you require critical emergency ultrasonic cleaning to ensure the continuation of your business, we will accept and prioritise this work accordingly.
- Prioritisation for Key Industries – we will prioritise work for customers that are from key industries that include Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Power Generation, Energy, Oil & Gas, Food Production etc
- Smaller Jobs – are still being accepted.
- Restricted Availability for High Volume jobs – as our focus is on facilitating as many customers as possible we are restricting or potentially declining high volume work. Exceptions may be made for critical key industry customers.
- Lead Times – naturally these may change and if they do we will communicate this with you at the point of ordering.
- Stock – we have ample stocks of cleaning chemicals.
- Flexible & Extended Payment Terms – for those that truly need this (and we are relying on your honesty) we can extend payment terms for up to 6 months if the continuation of our service to you is critical to your business. As a small business ourselves, we are reliant on paying customers now and indeed in the future once this all passes so we will do what we can to support you.
- If you are in a position to continue to pay as normal that will ensure that we can continue to operate effectively and support the key industries that rely on our work to keep services and production running.
- Transparency – whatever the communication channel, we will continue as we always have to communicate clearly and honestly with our customers. If there are any changes or disruptions to our lead time or service, we will pro-actively tell you. We are not burying our heads in the sand, it helps no-one.
- No Visitors or Visits – we are no longer accepting visitors to our facility nor are we visiting any clients in person ourselves. Deliveries are still welcome and handled with social distancing in mind.
- Virtual Sales Appointment – we can continue to discuss and look at your work or application remotely in real-time using Zoom. Please contact us to schedule a Zoom appointment.
- E-mail – we continue to monitor emails 24 hours a day and will respond at the earliest opportunity (usually the same day if within working hours) [email protected].
- Phone Line – as has always been the case we continue to operate a manned phone line (01924 495 975) during office hours and in case of an emergency you can reach us on 07974 442 583. With skeleton staff we may not always be able to answer calls immediately but we do check our messages and return calls once able to do so.
- Live Chat – we have a live chat facility on our website and as with phone calls we attend to these messages as soon as we can. If we’re unable to answer immediately, please leave your contact details and your message and we will get back to you.
- Internal WhatsApp Group – where social distancing measures prevent or make one to one verbal communication difficult, all members of the Sonic Solutions team are communicating effectively using WhatsApp to discuss internal matters.
As we always do, we will continue to work hard to support your business both during and after this crisis. If we’ve missed something or you’re unclear on anything please do get in touch and we’ll be happy to answer any questions.
Andrew Taylor – Managing Director