Die heads and pelletizers are critical components in the plastics industry. These elements play an essential role in forming plastic into various shapes and sizes.
Pelletizing heads are usually cleaned when switching products or if there has been a failure in the filtration process allowing contaminants to block the fine holes. Being that this equipment is almost the last stage of production the tolerances are extremely important and must be kept clean for best results.
Why do die heads and pelletizers need cleaning?
Over time, die heads and pelletizers can accumulate polymer residues, colourants, and other contaminants, impacting their efficiency and the quality of their output. This residue build-up can lead to inconsistent product quality, slow down the production process, increase product wastage, and shorten the lifespan of the components. Therefore, to maintain high production standards and efficiency in the plastics industry, it is imperative to carry out regular and effective cleaning of these parts.
How do you clean die heads and pelletizers?
Cleaning die heads and pelletizers requires a method that is both efficient and gentle to ensure the components’ longevity and functionality. There are several approaches used in the industry, each with its unique advantages.
- Vacuum oven: Uses a thermal cleaning method that combines pyrolysis and oxidation, carried out within a controlled vacuum environment to prevent uncontrolled combustion. In dual-chamber models, like ours, molten plastic drains into a non-heated chamber, effectively reducing the amount of fumes by capturing the majority of the polymer. These ovens are optimally designed for swift and gentle removal of plastic contaminants. Due to its compact size, it is an excellent fit for cleaning smaller parts, including hot melt filters from plastic recycling and pelletizing processes, or nozzles used in plastic or paint procedures.
- Ultrasonic cleaning: Ultrasonic cleaning is another efficient method for cleaning die heads and pelletizers. It uses high-frequency sound waves to create microscopic bubbles in a cleaning solution. These bubbles then implode, producing a high-energy shock wave that dislodges the residues from the surfaces of the components. This method is highly effective at removing even the most stubborn contaminants and is gentle enough to avoid damaging delicate parts. It can reach complex geometries and hidden surfaces, making it ideal for cleaning intricate components like die heads.
Take a look at some of the results we can achieve:
The benefits of cleaning die heads and pelletizers
Cleaning die heads and pelletizers brings several benefits to your operation:
- Enhanced Product Quality: By ensuring the components are free from residues, you can achieve a more consistent and high-quality output.
- Increased Operational Efficiency: Clean components function optimally, leading to less downtime and greater overall productivity.
- Longer Component Lifespan: Regular cleaning can help to prolong the lifespan of die heads and pelletizers, reducing the need for frequent and costly replacements.
What is unique about Sonic Solutions, is our ability to use a variety of cleaning processes to achieve the highest level of cleanliness. Our cleaning expertise, experience, flexibility, and commitment to meeting customers’ needs and demands are the reasons why major and highly demanding plastics manufacturers, such as Jayplas and BPI Berry rely on us to remove unwanted contaminants from their die heads, pelletizers and other industrial equipment.
Andrew briefly explains how your Free Trial works
Book Your FREE Trial Clean...
- Enter some basic details about your part.
- We’ll get in touch to arrange pick-up & delivery.
- You get cleaned part(s) sent back to you.
- That’s it!
What’s the catch?
In short, there isn’t one. You’re not obligated to do anything with us after your free trial clean. The truth is that we do pick up some great customers by offering select businesses a trial clean, but only when it’s a great fit and makes sense for all involved. Outsourced industrial parts cleaning isn’t for everyone and if it doesn’t make clear business sense for you to use us, we don’t expect you to. Simply put, we’re passionate about what we do and know that not everyone is aware of how effective, affordable and stress-free our service is which is why we offer this free trial from time to time to spread awareness.
Annual Savings of at least £75,328
“All in all a massive win for us, reducing costs and increasing revenue simultaneously in a very competitive market.”
Simon - Engineering Support Manager
Berry BPI Group
How we saved Simon £75,328 - Simon’s calculations were based on the following;
- An average 13 filters a month were cleaned in 2019. Erema laser discs in Simon’s case, but this process also applies to Ettlinger, MAS or other hot melt filters.
- Our multi-stage cleaning process means that each filter now lasts at least twice as long as they would’ve done otherwise
- Any hot melt filter costs well in excess of £1,000
- Total cost of cleaning, carriage, packing etc.. costs in the region of £100 per filter.
Simon’s conservative calculation of an annual saving of £75,328 was based purely on replacement costs. He also benefited from higher throughput, longer runtime and less downtime.
We often work with
Plastics Recycling & Processing
Oil & Gas
Click onPress the button to open our enquiry form and we’ll come back to you ASAP (usually within the hour) with answers, options, prices and services or call us today on 01924 495 975
Don’t Spend Another Penny on Replacing or Cleaning Parts Until You’ve Asked These 7 Critical Questions.
Asking These Questions Saved One Customer over £70,000 a Year, Seriously!
What Cleaning Process Do I Need? A Quick & Easy Reference Guide...
Use this quick reference guide to compare parts vs contaminants to shortlist possible cleaning processes (Ultrasonics vs Pyrolysis vs Jet Wash vs Vapour Blast vs Soak)
The Ultimate Guide to Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaning
Get a complete understanding of the underlying science, equipment and characteristics of ultrasonic cleaning.
What Our Customers Say About us
We approached Sonic Solutions after our parts manufacturers let us down and wasted precious time by supplying oily parts. Not only were they friendly, helpful and happy to rush our parts through - the quality was unbelievable! They arrived back at our factory just in time to not hold up production and we couldn't recommend them highly enough.
Our company AssetCool found the entire team at Sonic Solutions to be responsive and incredibly supportive of a new project. Their technical knowledge is superb, and they delivered exactly what they promised. We're very happy to recommend them to anyone with ultrasonic cleaning needs, and look forward to working with them again in the future.
I reached out with a problem to various companies prior to talking with Sonic Solutions, most were unhelpful. These guys insisted on the first trial being for free! The job was excellent and the turn around time very impressive. We are now setting up a monthly cleaning regime with them. A joy to deal with.
Hi. I’m Andy, owner of Sonic Solutions for 14 years. Our aim is simple, to get your dirty parts clean, as efficiently and effectively as possible, so you can get on with your business.
We provide a cleaning service, cleaning chemicals, and ultrasonic cleaning equipment, so whether you want to do the job in-house or just let someone else sort it out we can help.
So if you require any cleaning of your equipment to help maintain your parts, increase production and reduce money loss, why not get in touch with our friendly and professional team.
We look forward to hearing from you.